What Is On-Page SEO?
On-page SEO refers to the tactics and actions taken by marketers and webmasters to optimise individual webpages, including copy and HTML.
Common on-page elements to optimise include:
- On-page copy, images and videos.
- Meta description.
- Title tag.
- Image alt text.
- HTML headings (H1-H6 tags).
- URL strings.
- Internal linking structures, anchor text and outbound links.
- Anchor text.
- Schema markup.
By making adjustments to on-page elements, companies can increase their search engine ranking for relevant keywords, generating more organic traffic and making their site more friendly to both users and search engine algorithms.
Why You Need On-Page SEO
On-page SEO improves your online presence, making it easier for searchers to find your content and for search engine crawlers to index your pages.
Depending on your business model and its current marketing capabilities, search engine traffic may comprise 50-90% of all traffic to your site. In other words, on-page SEO helps get you in front of 50-90% of your prospects.
On-page SEO services can also be a key competitive differentiator in your industry. As traditional companies rely on legacy marketing tactics – business cards, print advertising, etc. – you can use on-page SEO to reach a modern audience in an extremely efficient and cost-effective way.
Because SEO is an ongoing, long-term investment, making it a core function of your SEO practices and digital marketing strategy is best practice. Algorithms change, customer demands evolve – SEO allows you to quickly keep pace with these transformations so that your company achieves higher rankings, and is ever-present and ever-agile.
As an SEO company dedicated to your success, Brafton can make every search result a conversion opportunity.
The Difference Between On-Page and Off-Page SEO
Types of SEO Services
Search engines are complicated, which means SEO work has to be done meticulously and according to current best practices.
There are two main branches of SEO: on-page and off-page. Within these main branches, there’s technical SEO, local SEO, e-commerce SEO, video SEO and more.
Here are some examples of what various SEO strategies might include:
- Crafting copy for specific keywords.
- Optimising image alt text.
- Using HTML tags and Schema markup.
- Writing a descriptive meta tag for each page.
- Creating an SEO title that maps to search intent.
- Quality content on every web page.
- Link building.
- Social media marketing.
- SEO content for third-party publications.
- Encouraging social bookmarking.
- Optimising content for Google My Business.
- Managing local citations.
- Encouraging user reviews.
- Claiming and setting up local listings.
- Improving page load speeds.
- Ensuring site architecture is updated.
- Indexing pages for maximum visibility.
- Designing the website so it works on mobile devices.
- Creating search-optimised product landing pages.
- Optimising product images and alt text.
- A/B testing product pages.
- Creating web demos.
- Creating transcripts and close captions.
- Ensuring video length is in line with expectations.
- Encouraging social sharing.
- Using keywords in titles and descriptions.
Every sub-discipline of SEO is recommended – and we know how to make the most of each one.
Brafton’s On-Page SEO Services
Our on-page SEO services come in all shapes and sizes. They can be purchased à la carte, custom-quoted for unique projects or embedded into your rolling strategy.
Brafton SEO experts may recommend on-page SEO services that include, but are not limited to:
- Blog writing and optimisation.
- Enabling blog commenting.
- Landing page writing and optimisation.
- Copy refreshes to support SEO title optimisation and more engaging content.
- Content re-optimisations to align with new keyword density guidelines.
- Product descriptions and meta data.
- Technical on-page site audits and error remediation, including fixing broken links.
- Site health checks.
- Page optimisation for faster load time on traditional and mobile browsers.
- Website SSL setup.
- Metadata optimisation.
- Link structure analysis and adjustment.
- Conversion rate and mobile optimisation.
- Google Analytics setup.
- Analytics tracking.
Each service involves hands-on technical and strategic support at all stages of the process, via planning, execution and reporting. With experience optimising all aspects of your brand within Google search, Brafton is an end-to-end provider of all things SEO.
Custom SEO Services for Your Content Marketing Strategy
Brafton’s on-page SEO services are existentially flexible and completely customisable to your brand’s current and future needs.
We’re an SEO company that knows our stuff, and can adjust our SEO tactics according to the latest search engine ranking, social media and online presence best practices. As your industry changes, we introduce new concepts, experiments and products to stay ahead of competitors and empower you to take charge of your digital marketing strategy. We leverage the latest tools to support your higher rankings, helping you to reach the most relevant audience.
A few examples of how your Brafton team works collaboratively with our internal departments and your own stakeholders can be seen in how we approach our pre-SEO process.
We have dedicated, collaborative services that other agencies can’t provide at scale:
Search Performance Briefs
A data-backed brief that maximises the likelihood of higher ranking for target keywords and driving qualified traffic from relevant search queries. These documents combine keyword research, SERP analysis and other actions to create a definitive outline for the creative teams. The result: a packaged blueprint that enables them to create exceptionally relevant and competitive content.
Site and SEO Audit
Brafton’s website audits are conducted by our consulting department. Highly skilled in SEO best practices, a consultant documents, analyses, reports and provides strategic suggestions on your organisation’s current website status and the necessary steps required to fix and improve upon your positioning in the marketplace.
Featured Snippet Optimisation
Ranking in Position Zero requires rethinking your SEO strategy. Our featured snippet analysis and consulting service is a game plan for how to optimise the HTML structure of your existing webpages, the format of your content and the comprehensiveness of your keyword targeting. It’s a certified on-page SEO checklist that’s actionable and user friendly.
Your on-page copy might have been excellent when it was written – but is it still hitting the mark? As industry trends and user expectations change, so must your website. Content re-optimisation gives your landing pages the opportunity to gain traction in search results. As your SEO service provider, we can strategically update the content on your website to perform better in search.
At Brafton, we practice what we preach. In the past few years we’ve redesigned our website, overhauled our content strategy and implemented data-backed SEO tactics into every action we take.
Our ROI speaks for itself. Take a look at some of our client success stories and even our own performance metrics:
The results: 345% increase in the total number of keywords each page ranks for.
Content marketing fails because most people don’t understand visitor intent.
Organic and paid strategies can complement each other well.